Magnitude SourceConnect enables faster, better, and more cost-effective SAP Central Finance implementations by enabling and streamlining third-party data integration. Magnitude SourceConnect solutions are globally available through SAP as SAP Solution Extensions.
Speed your transition to SAP S/4HANA
Connect and harmonize multiple source systems
SAP S/4HANA Central Finance aggregates all financial transactions into a powerful central system allowing companies to achieve full finance transformation and gain major strategic advantages. Magnitude SourceConnect is a pre-built software solution to effectively and efficiently interface data from multiple source systems.
Central Finance Transaction Replication for SAP S/4HANA
Enable intelligent data integration for SAP Central Finance
Over 85% of companies considering SAP Central Finance have non-SAP data sources. To realize the full value from the SAP S4/HANA Central Finance solution, all the relevant data must be integrated to enable agile, intelligent finance operations. SAP Central Finance Transaction Replication by Magnitude was designed to connect SAP S/4HANA Central Finance with any third-party data source while reducing data integration costs, risk, and manual effort. The solution offers pre-built data integration for all major ERPs and many tier-two systems, and it includes a universal format for any others.
Each module below accelerates and manages a key aspect of the data integration between source ERPs and Central Finance.
- Transaction replication – loading all the transaction details associated with the financial document
- Drilldown – view original financial and operational transaction details
- Syncback – write back to source
- Reconciliation Reporting – track, audit, compare postings
Central Finance Data Harmonization for SAP S/4HANA
Accelerate master data integration for SAP Central Finance
Delivering value quickly in an SAP S/4HANA Central Finance deployment requires a practical focus on master data. By leveraging automation and intelligent technologies, you can accelerate the master data phase of your project, and deliver higher-value within Central Finance to your stakeholders. SAP Central Finance Data Harmonization by Magnitude for SAP S/4HANA accelerates the consolidation, initial load, and ongoing interface of master data for both SAP & non-SAP systems into SAP Central Finance.
By leveraging SAP Central Finance Data Harmonization by Magnitude to Central Finance deployments, customers can expect to:
- Implement Central Finance faster and more cost-effectively
- Achieve better quality reporting from Central Finance
- Separate the Central Finance project from a data governance project
- Accelerate future data governance initiatives
Connect SAP S/4HANA Central Finance with any third-party data source
Enable fast, low-cost, low-risk implementation of SAP S/4HANA Central Finance
- Interface data from multiple source systems into SAP S/4HANA Central Finance.
- Empower centralized financial operations and deliver key insights and efficiencies.
- Automate master data integration tasks and harmonize data efficiently, while significantly decreasing risk and accelerating SAP central finance deployments.
- Avoid the impractical effort, risk, complications, and difficulty of developing your own home-grown data integration and harmonization capabilities for integrating third-party data sources into SAP Central Finance.
Integrate non-SAP ERP financial transactions into SAP Central Finance
Rapidly connect to any source system and bring detailed, non-SAP ERP financial transactions in real-time into the Universal Journal in SAP Central Finance.
Pre-built source connectors are available for an expanding library of systems, covering key vendors including Oracle, Microsoft, Infor, and many others. Each source connector supports up to 23 transaction types (depending on the source system) which are extracted from the source, mapped into the required format for Central Finance, and loaded into the Universal Journal via the SAP-recommended SLT interface. Data connection via flat file is available to cover any source where a direct connector is not available, or where access to source ERP is not available. Additional source connectors can be developed upon request in as little as 4-6 weeks.
Drill to operational detail in SAP Central Finance
Let finance users see the non-SAP operational details behind Universal Journals using a native Fiori user experience.
Drill down functionality provides a seamless drill down from Universal Journal entries in SAP Central Finance to operational detail from source ERPs. While the key financial information is loaded to the Central Finance Universal Journal, accounting users often require the original complete transaction details for confirmation or reconciliation.
Magnitude SourceConnect loads transaction detail information into S4/HANA and allows for fast and seamless access to the data via Fiori apps, thus avoiding the need to train end-users in the use of multiple systems.
- View original transaction detail for non-SAP sources
- Enable complementary reporting on non-financial data (or combination of financial and non-financial data)
- Maintain persistent transaction history even when source systems are not available
Sync changes back to the source in SAP Central Finance
Close out the AP and AR transactions in 3rd-party ERPs for central payments done within SAP Central Finance.
The sync back functionality enables the clearing of customer and vendor invoices in source ERPs as payments are executed in Central Finance. By successfully centralizing processes, customers realize a higher value of Central Finance as a shared service platform. However, some operational processes in source ERPs may depend on up-to-date customer or vendor balances. By writing back the shared customer or vendor payments to source ERPs, the original invoices and balances are cleared out. This keeps the original ERPs in sync with Central Finance.
- Close AP/AR open items for Central Payment transactions
- Keep customer and vendor balances in sync between sources and Central Finance
- Maintain continuity of source system operational processes
Deliver complete visibility of the data replication process
Comprehensive reconciliation reporting lets you track, audit, and compare postings between source ERP systems and Central Finance.
To identify any possible discrepancies, the application allows you to make a summary and detailed, transaction-level comparisons at five levels through the transaction replication process. Reconciliation reports available in Fiori and Analysis for Office show information including document exceptions, unposted records, and customer, vendor, and general ledger balances.
- Includes five levels of reconciliation through the data replication process
- Provides interactivity within Fiori and Analysis for Office and robust
- reconciliation data model
- Retains audit trail to track every data change during replication
Create master data foundation in SAP Central Finance
Accelerate the consolidation, initial load, and ongoing interface of master data for both SAP & non-SAP systems into SAP Central Finance.
Harmonization functionality quickly handles many of the issues of master data consistency across diverse sources, including SAP sources. Without resolving these inconsistencies, subsequent analysis in Central Finance will be suspect at best.
Magnitude SourceConnect extracts raw master data from all sources, matches and merges duplicates using machine learning, and loads the master records and mappings into Central Finance. By efficiently building and maintaining the master data foundation and mappings, the solution simplifies critical aspects of a Central Finance deployment.
How it Works
Magnitude SourceConnect has proven its ability to help solve complexities of integrating third-party data sources into SAP S/4HANA for central finance foundation and has the potential to vastly accelerate implementations for businesses.
Senior Vice President, General Manager, Head of Line of Business Finance, SAP