Feed harmonized, governed, golden copy data to your BI, data warehouse or downstream applications for better - and faster - decision making. With a single master data management solution, Magnitude Kalido MDM, you can define and model critical business information from any domain - customer, product, financial, vendor, supplier, location and more - to create and manage accurate, integrated, and governed data business users trust.
Modeling Constructs Support Real-World Business Environments
Model as many domains as you need in a single solution. Magnitude's domain-agnostic modeling, matching, and harmonization capabilities reduce manual stewardship and accelerate the integration of data from multiple sources so you can make better business decisions.
Business Information Model-driven Automation
Drive better outcomes by reducing the communication and collaboration gap between IT and the business. The Kalido Business Information Modeler (BIM) is a visual modeling interface that enables business users to participate in developing requirements and modeling data. It allows you to use business language to build the model, then deploy the model to the database and build the Kalido MDM instance at the click of a button.
Collaborative Master Data Management
Audience-specific interfaces provide active, role-based involvement for data consumers, data stewards and data providers. A sophisticated workflow and model-driven API enable real-time collaboration. Policy-driven governance provides for executive involvement.
Combine Data from Multiple Sources into Golden Copy
Data from multiple sources can be combined into an integrated, unambiguous, harmonized ‘golden copy’ record. It shows the lineage of your data and the source from which it’s obtained. You define the rules and weightings that automate the harmonization process.
Customizable Business Interfaces
Our MDM Workbench, an API toolkit, leverages the Kalido business-model-driven API so developers can rapidly build custom, audience-, and task-specific interfaces to meet every business need.
Delivers Trusted Data Across the Enterprise
Running your business and analyzing results with accurate and consistent data is paramount. It becomes difficult, often impossible, to effectively run your business if the data used is inaccurate, inconsistent, or out of date across your business applications. Kalido MDM delivers accurate, consistent, and current golden copy data for your analytical and operational needs.
Manage & govern data for your specific business requirements
- Modeling constructs support real-world business environments.
- True multi-domain capabilities integrate all domains into a single model, allowing support for cross-domain relationships.
- Visual modeling tool simplifies validation and integrity rules.
- Visually model common and obscure domains without costly customizations.
- Audience-specific interfaces provide active, role-based involvement.
- Valid data is automatically published and made available to downstream systems.
- Invalid data is routed to data stewards for correction and improvement.
- A sophisticated workflow and model-driven API enable real-time collaboration.
- The Workbench API toolkit enables rapid development of custom interfaces and applications.
- Automated matching, harmonization, and survivorship reduce manual stewardship.
- Change management capabilities support a master data lifecycle.
- Dashboards provide quick visibility into Kalido MDM data.
- Access from mobile devices, browsers, analytical and operational applications.
- Audit, validation, and security are managed seamlessly.
Visual Modeling Tool
The Kalido Business Information Modeler (BIM) is used to design data validation and integrity rules. It makes it easy for business users and IT professionals to collaborate on the business information model. Information is presented using business terms, enabling business users to discuss the relationships and rules that define valid data, while still providing IT professionals with the ability to define the technical aspects of data storage and integrity. Once the model is defined, getting started is a snap. With the click of a button, the model is deployed to the database. Tables, columns, relationships, and everything else required to run the application are created automatically.
Kalido MDM can easily accommodate changes to business requirements over time. Add information to the model, and Kalido MDM tells you what impact those changes will have on existing data. Rapidly meet new master data requirements and use cases.
Reference Data Management
Once data validation and integrity rules are established, data stewards and data providers use Kalido MDM to manage any type of reference data. Data can be entered manually, individually, in bulk, or loaded from any data source. Data that conforms to the business rules is automatically published and made available to downstream operational systems. Data that isn’t valid is sent to data stewards for correction and improvement until it’s ready for publication.
Workflows direct work-in-progress data to the right people, and through the right approval and acceptance processes, until the data is authorized for publication. You can even have workflow rules that send data down different paths based on certain values in the data itself.
- Sensible, effective RDM processes that are reusable.
- Automation where and when you need it.
- Rapid mapping between reference data sets - within and across domains
- Complete audit history
- Quickly retrieve any subject based on current state or how it existed at any point in time with our time variance functionality
Data from multiple sources can be combined into an integrated, unambiguous, harmonized ‘golden copy’ record. You define the rules and weightings that automate the harmonization process, and you decide what level of confidence is required for matches to be made automatically versus reviewed by a data steward.
The harmonization process matches, de-duplicates, detects overlap, and determines survivorship during data loads from multiple sources. At the end of the process, the golden copy record contains the best attribute values from all records, and its lineage shows which values came from which sources.
- Manage multiple identifiers for each subject.
- Component reuse and model-driven automation names adding new sources quick and efficient.
- Direct and fuzzy matching rules or quick configuration, test and deployment.
- Complete audit history.
- Time variance capabilities support compliance requirements.
Dashboards provide easy and rapid visibility into the data in Kalido MDM. Quickly see how many records are in a workflow, how many of those are invalid, how many are being worked on in some way, and how many are published. Drill into the dashboards to get right to the underlying data. Kalido MDM includes useful dashboards capturing data quality, user activity, tasks, and workflow.
Kalido [MDM] distinguished itself from the competitors. The Kalido Information Engine is a complete information management platform that best fit our MDM, data warehousing and data quality requirements.
Senior Director of IT
Magnitude Kalido MDM: Trusted insights from timely, trusted data.
Labatt Customer Spotlight Snapshot: Master Data Management Success
The MDM Landscape Q2 2020: The MDM market in the past year showed continued growth and the market for MDM software was estimated to be worth $1.7 billion.