If you think a data warehouse has to take years to build, cost millions, and will struggle to keep pace with your evolving business needs, think again. Magnitude Kalido DIW is a Dynamic Information Warehouse that makes it easy for IT and business users to collaborate and automate the design, build, and operation of a data warehouse. As a result, your business teams receive the data they need for analysis and decision-making faster, in an environment that is much simpler to maintain and iterate with constant, business-driven change.
Business Information Model-driven Automation
Business users participate in developing the requirements and modeling the data, reducing the communication and collaboration gap between IT and the business. This is accomplished through the Kalido Business Information Modeler (BIM), a visual modeling interface that uses business language to build the model, while also allowing you to deploy the model to the database and build the data warehouse at the click of a button.
Rapid and Iterative Prototyping
Models can be easily modified when gathering initial requirements. They can also be extended or changed over time. This iterative prototyping capability rapidly captures current requirements, increases flexibility and responsiveness, and accelerates time-to-value, and reducing overall project risk and cost.
Automation for Faster Time-to-Value
Automated end-to-end design, build, and operation minimizes manual effort and significantly reduces dependencies on ETL tools for data integration tasks, lowering costs and accelerating time-to-value. Integrated workflow-driven master data stewardship and governance delivers the highest quality data.
Seamless Change Management
Easily update models and automation tasks to meet new requirements, such as new data sources, or as the result of re-organizations and M&A activity, so the warehouse remains up to date. Corporate memory capability enables views into the data as of any point in time for easy time-variant comparison and analysis.
Top-Down, Model-Driven Kalido DIW Delivers Faster Time-to-Value
- Data warehouse automation enables rapid time-to-value
- Business model-driven approach helps IT and the business gather user requirements, and prototype, iterate and deploy quickly
- Modeling constructs support real-world business environments
- Automates the creation and life cycle management of enterprise data warehouses
- Integrates data from multiple sources, powering both operational and strategic reporting
- Built to handle business change, even during periods of major upheaval
- Keeps track of history so business users can do as of and before and after time-based comparisons
Design, build and operate data warehouses—FAST
Regain control of IT costs, improve data consistency, and enhance your ability to uncover business insights.
Data Warehouse Automation
- Models provide a common language for better business & IT collaboration to better meet business intelligence, discovery, and analysis needs.
- Iterative prototyping more rapidly captures current requirements and reduces project risk.
- Reusable model components promote consistency across applications and accelerate the delivery of subsequent projects.
Automation for Faster Time-to-Value
- Automated end-to-end design, build, and operation reduces the manual effort which saves costs and accelerates time-to-value.
- Significantly reduces dependency on manual programming for data integration tasks, accelerating development, and saving costs.
- Integrated workflow-driven master data stewardship and governance deliver the highest quality data.
Embraces and Manages Change
- Easily update models and automation tasks to rapidly meet new requirements, such as adding new data sources, or as the result of re-organizations and M&A activity, to keep the warehouse up to date.
- Fully documented so you always know what’s in your data warehouse.
- Corporate memory capability enables any views at any point in time for easy time-variant comparison and analysis.
Visual Modeling Tool
The Kalido Business Information Modeler (BIM) is used to design the data warehouse, making it easy for business users and IT professionals to collaborate on the business information model. Information is presented using business terms, enabling business users to discuss the requirements, while still providing IT professionals with the ability to define the technical aspects of data storage and integrity. Once the model is defined, getting started is a snap. With the click of a button, the model is deployed to the database. Tables and columns, along with everything else required to run the data warehouse, are created automatically.
Kalido DIW also easily accommodates changes to business requirements, even during periods of major upheavals, such as mergers and acquisitions, re-organizations, or market consolidation. Agility is one of the hallmarks of this technology.
A Data Warehouse serves almost entirely as an operational data hub, a destination for operational systems and the home for all cross-functional analytics within an organization. The Kalido DIW operational UI is a central web portal for monitoring all day-to-day warehouse tasks, including data loading, building and preparing the reporting layer, and generating results sets and reporting cubes. It is also the central location for managing suspense and exception processing.
The Kalido DIW central dashboard informs users of any outstanding tasks that must be executed to bring the warehouse up-to-date. This includes loads that require remedial action and processes that are blocked, enabling your team to deliver on the tasks necessary to get your operation back on track - right from the operational UI.
How it Works
Our data warehouse automation solution, Kalido DIW, enables customers to deploy and maintain a data warehouse much faster, easier and in alignment with your business than traditional data integration methods. Automation, agility, and speed are the hallmarks of our technology.
Kalido gives Imperial Brands an advantage in that each of our data warehouse projects can be small, and at reasonable cost and timeline.
Manager of Business Intelligence for Sales and Marketing Group IS, Imperial Brands