Reduce time-to-market, development cost, and risk for your custom ODBC and JDBC drivers with the Magnitude Simba SDK. Simba SDK is the same technology used by our engineering team and many innovators in the software industry to develop and optimize Simba commercial and custom data connectors. Now you can build and deploy your custom ODBC/JDBC driver for any SQL-enabled or NoSQL data source - in as few as five days.
To streamline development – use a proven, powerful SDK
Whether you are looking for a driver to fulfill a specific connectivity requirement or want to prepare your product for new platforms and market opportunities without adding significantly to your development time, our Simba SDK has you covered. Not only are we the technical leader in the ODBC space, but we place extraordinary importance on our business partnerships. We provide everything you need to get the job done.
Why build from scratch when you can get to market faster?
Speedy: Develop a driver proof-of-concept in as few as five days.
Flexible: Connect your applications to any data source – SQL, NoSQL, or proprietary.
Extensible: Deploy your driver as a client-side, client-server, or cloud solution to provide extensible connectivity to any data source.
Scalable: Automatically build multiple drivers — including ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, and OLE DB for multiple platforms — from a single data-store interface implementation.
Easy to Use: Sample drivers for SQL capable and non-SQL capable, with full source code.
Reliable: Just ask our partners like Cloudera, Microsoft, Teradata, SAP, and MapR who embed Simba-developed drivers in their own products.
Rapidly Build a Custom Driver for Any Data Source
Some of the biggest names in software development depend on Simba SDK
Flexible and Extensible
- Flexible collation support
- Auto Configuration of Driver Managers
- Custom aggregate function support
- ODBC 3.8 C Data Type Extensibility
- Support for dynamic schema
SQL Engine Features
- Full custom scalar function support
- Data Manipulation Language (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE)
- Data Definition Language (CREATE/DROP)
- Performance improvements to C++ SQL Engine - NEW!
Productivity and Other Features
- Quickstart and ultralight driver samples/templates and guide
- Full Unicode support for data, metadata, and API parameters
- Native support for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- Supports client-server architecture
- Fully localizable error messages
- Ability to fully rebrand Simba Clients
- SimbaClient and SimbaServer performance and configuration improvements – NEW!
- Improved Makefiles – NEW!
- Support for data compression of retrieved data - NEW!
- Exact Numeric Precision enhancements – NEW!
The latest on our latest release
The new Java SQL Engine allows the creation of a pure Java JDBC driver. It provides a streamlined development experience and better performance. Pure Java development stacks allow for easier deployment and maintenance.
Significantly enhanced wire protocol makes Simba SDK more than twice as fast as the Postgres wire protocol and gives you the fastest performance available.
When you build a driver in C++ or C# with Simba SDK, you can build one data store interface implementation and get ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET drivers with no extra effort, providing for the fastest time-to-market and reduced development and maintenance costs.
To see more, check out the Features tab.
Stand-alone Data Driver and Server Platforms
- All Simba SDK components support 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, and Mac OS X
- SimbaClient for ODBC supports the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X, AIX, HPUX, and Solaris
- SimbaClient for JDBC supports all client operating systems running a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 1.6 or above
- Windows: Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019|2022
- UNIX: For all platforms, the native compiler is supported
- Linux: GNU Compiler environment
- Mac: Xcode Clang 10.2|11.3|12.4|13.2
BI Tool Support
- Any ODBC-capable application, including Microsoft Office, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Sisense, QuikView and SAP Business Objects Crystal Reports, etc.
Best-in-class standards support
- ODBC 3.8 support, including full asynchronous execution
- JDBC 4.2, 4.1 and 4.0 support
- ADO.NET support
- OLE DB support
- Certified Tableau Integration
- Kerberos support
- JDBC 4.2 compliance
- Sample drivers optimized for Mac OS X
- Max OS X Installer
- Support for Xcode 13.2 (OSX 12 support), Visual Studio 2022 NEW!
- Java SQL Engine - NEW
How it works
The Simba SDK provides you with a complete set of components to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively implement the driver that meets your (and your customers’) data connectivity requirements. The SDK includes everything you need to deploy your ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, or OLE DB driver as a single-tier or client/server, standards-based solution in as soon as five days. Using our comprehensive documentation, you can include an array of pre-defined functionality to easily deploy a fully optimized driver ideally suited to your specific requirements.
Simba enables Galvanize to provide streamlined access to any data source so our customers can perform super-powered analysis without the distraction of trying to get to the data.
VP Product, Galvanize