Splunk ODBC & JDBC Driver
Empower more people in your organization with valuable insights from your Splunk datawhen they can easily access, analyze and report on Splunk data with their BI tool of their choice.
The Splunk Data Connector on Simba Gateway is a powerful tool that allows you to connect directly with real-time Splunk data via any application that supports ODBC/JDBC connectivity. Access Splunk like you would a database to read, write and update Datasets, Datamodels, Telemetry, and other Splunk features via a standard BI, ETL, Reporting or Custom Application.
Integrate Splunk insights and information into your existing business analytics and intelligence workflow.
The Simba Splunk Connector enables streamlined access to your Splunk data direct to your analytics or BI system without extraction. Complying with both the ODBC 3.80 and JDBC 4.2 data standards, the adapter simplifies the process of connecting to data sources by enabling you to use the same connection across both types of applications. On Windows and macOS, the adapter is supported by two additional applications:
- The Magnitude Gateway Settings application provides an intuitive user interface designed to simplify the process of configuring adapters and defining connections.
- The Connection Assistant application further simplifies the connection process by conveniently providing ODBC connection strings and JDBC connection URLs for all connections that were configured through Magnitude Gateway Settings. It also enables streamlined support for OAuth authentication processes.
The connector returns Splunk data through specially generated schema tables, which map the data to a traditional relational format that is compatible with ODBC and JDBC applications.
Features and Specifications
- Supports SplunkEnterprise 8.1.1
- Supports 32-to 64-bit applications
- Supports OAuth2 authentication
- Supports TLS 1.1/1.2
- Uses OpenSSL 1.1.1.
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Provides full driver and query metadata
- Adds aggregation and join capabilities for queries
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.