Presto ODBC & JDBC Drivers
SQL access to Presto with your analytics tool of choice
Light-up features in your analytic application of choice by connecting to your Presto data with the Magnitude Simba Presto ODBC and JDBC connectors with SQL Connector. Use SQL to access data via Presto from analytic applications such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SAP Cloud for Analytics, QlikView, Tableau, and more.
Presto, a powerful distributed in-memory query engine, provides a common SQL Engine for accessing data where it lives whether it be Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL, and more.
With the Simba Presto ODBC and JDBC drivers with SQL Connector, analytic applications capable of utilizing ODBC and JDBC to connect to data sources can connect to Presto, and take advantage of a modern query and execution engine designed to support the SQL those applications depend on.
Simba Presto ODBC and JDBC connectors let organizations connect their BI tools to Presto. Presto provides an ANSI SQL query layer and also exposes the metadata information through an ANSI SQL standard metadata database called INFORMATION_SCHEMA. Simba Presto ODBC & JDBC connectors leverage INFORMATION_SCHEMA to expose Presto’s metadata to BI tools as needed.
- Transparently query data from multiple sources without the need for costly ETL processes
- Supports all major on-premises and cloud Presto distribution including Starburst, Presto Community & Presto Foundation
- Unicode enabled 32- and 64-bit ODBC 3.8 compliant connectors for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Leverages Presto’s native filtering and aggregation capabilities
- Departmental, enterprise and worldwide licensing available on request
- Supports Kerberos Authentication
- Presto ODBC connector supports open-source Presto Server versions 0.240 and earlier, Teradata Presto Server versions 0.208-t and Presto Foundation server 341 and earlier
- Presto JDBC connector supports open-source Presto Server versions 0.240 and earlier, Teradata Presto Server versions 0.208-t and earlier, and Presto Foundation Server 341 and earlier
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Complies with JDBC 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 specifications
- Supports Unicode
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.