HBase ODBC Driver
Your on-ramp to big data with standard SQL-92 interface to enable BI tools using HBase
The Magnitude Simba Apache HBase ODBC connector provides the On-Ramp to Big Data for HBase users: It delivers and provides broad compatibility and ensures full functionality for users analyzing and reporting on Big Data.
The HBase ODBC connector accepts an application’s SQL queries which generate execution plans and transforms them into calls to HBase’s REST API. Light-up features in BI clients by connecting to your HBase data in a powerful, effective way to access, analyze and report. Apache HBase is an open-source, distributed, versioned, column-oriented store that hosts very large tables, with billions of rows by millions of columns, atop clusters of commodity hardware. Apache HBase also provides you random, real-time read/write access to your Big Data. Simba delivers full functionality for users analyzing and reporting on Big Data with the latest ODBC 3.8 data standard, including important functionality such as Unicode and 32- and 64-bit support for high-performance computing environments on all platforms.
- Direct BI connectivity to data without extraction
- Full compatibility with leading analytic/reporting apps, including Microsoft Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik and more
- Maps ANSI SQL-92 to HBase REST API calls
- Provides full connector and query metadata
- Supports dynamic schema generation via intelligent data sampling
- Adds aggregation and join capabilities for queries
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports Unicode
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, Redhat, SUSE, Debian and Ubuntu
- Apache Knox Gateway support
- Supports ANSI SQL-92: SELECT, JOIN, WHERE, HAVING, GROUP BY, ORDER BY, TOP, UNION [ALL] and most SQL-92 scalar and aggregate functions
- Supported data types: SQL_VARCHAR, SQL_WVARCHAR, SQL_DECIMAL, SQL_SMALLINT, SQL_INTEGER, SQL_REAL, SQL_FLOAT, SQL_DOUBLE, SQL_BIT, SQL_TINYINT, SQL_BIGINT, SQL_VARBINARY, SQL_TYPE_DATE, SQL_TYPE_TIME, SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.