Drill ODBC and JDBC Driver
The ideal complement for Drill’s dynamic SQL-querying capabilities and support for schema-less data.
Magnitude Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC connectors deliver ODBC 3.8 & JDBC 4.1 for Apache Drill’s low-latency SQL Query Engine.
Simba Drill ODBC & JDBC connectors with SQL connector let organizations connect their BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, SAP Lumira, Qlik, and more to Drill.
Drill provides an ANSI SQL query layer and also exposes metadata information through an ANSI SQL standard metadata database called INFORMATION_SCHEMA. Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC connectors leverage INFORMATION_SCHEMA to expose Drill’s metadata to BI tools as needed.
Apache Drill is a schema-free SQL query engine for Hadoop, NoSQL, and cloud storage. Drill provides analysts with instant, self-service analytics on multiple data sources without having to load data, manage schemas, or pre-process data. Simba ODBC and JDBC connectors are the ideal complement for Drill’s dynamic SQL-querying capabilities and support for schema-less data.
Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC connectors support both catalogs and schemas to make it easy for the connector to work with various ODBC | JDBC applications. Since Drill only organizes tables into schemas/databases, the connectors provide a synthetic catalog named DRILL under which all the schemas/databases are organized. The connector also maps the ODBC | JDBC schema to the Drill catalog.
- Use SQL to access data via Drill from analytic applications such as Power BI, QlikView, Tableau and more.
- Drill Explorer Tool for quick data exploration, prevising SQL query result and creating views.
- Support native API calls and auto switching to backward compatibility mode for Apache Drill version 1.8.0 and lower for ODBC and 1.12.0 and lower for JDBC
- Support for Custom SASL Plugin Directory
- Support for custom connection properties to be passed to the server
- Support for returning the server version through SQLGetInfo
- Support for specifying catalog and default schema
- Support for new data types
- Support for Basic Authentication (prior to Apache Drill 1.10.0), Plain and Kerberos
- OpenSSL 1.0.2 Library
- Supports 32 and 64 bit applications
- Supports Windows, Linux and OSX platforms
- Compiles with JDBC 4.1 specification
- Catalog and Schema Support
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Data Types: The connector supports many common data formats, converting between Drill data types and SQL data types.
- Security and Authentication: The connector provides a mechanism that enables you to authenticate your connection using your Drill user name and password or the Kerberos protocol.
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.