Cassandra ODBC and JDBC Data Connectors with SQL Connector
SQL on Cassandra made easy
Magnitude Simba Cassandra ODBC and JDBC connectors offer direct, universal ODBC 3.8 and JDBC 4.0 and 4.1 data access to Cassandra data stores via Cassandra’s native API, with no extraction. And the Simba Apache Cassandra ODBC connector is the first to extend Cassandra data access to the Mac platform.
SQL for NoSQL: Simba Cassandra ODBC and JDBC connectors enable direct SQL query translation to the Cassandra Query Language (CQL), offering users unparalleled performance at scale. The built-in Collaborative Query Execution (CQE) passes down filters and aggregations to provide high-performance access to Cassandra.
Simba ODBC and JDBC connectors allow you to make quick analytic insights and to leverage back-end data source, high-performance calculation capabilities for your favorite BI client.
The Apache Cassandra database is the right choice when you need scalability without compromising performance. Cassandra’s support for replicating across multiple data centers provides lower latency and higher availability for users. Complying with the latest ODBC 3.8 data standard, the connector adds important functionality such as asynchronous execution.
- ODBC 3.8-compliant, offers asynchronous execution
- JDBC connector compliant with the latest JDBC 4.0, 4.1 & 4.2 specifications
- Direct SQL query translation to Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Supports Cassandra 2.1, 2.2, and 3.X
- Native CQL3 or CQL2 data access to clustered Cassandra data
- Powerful SQL Connector allows users to define schemas on the fly on schema-less data
- Direct BI connectivity to data without extraction
- Full compatibility with leading analytic/reporting apps, including Microsoft Excel & Access, Tableau, and more
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
- Provides full connector and query metadata
- Enterprise support
- Blacklist and Whitelist support
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Support for Java 1.8
- Supports Unicode
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Supports dynamic schema generation via intelligent data sampling
- Connects via Cassandra’s native API
- Supports SMALLINT, TINYINT, TIME, and DATE data types
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.