Box ODBC & JDBC Driver
Easily visualize account-wide Box user and usage information through your business intelligence tool of choice with direct access to your Box data.
Imagine having access to your Box usage data from Power BI or any other BI/Analytics tool you rely on? With our Magnitude Simba Box Connector on Simba Gateway, you’re only steps away from Direct BI connectivity to Box data – users, usage, files, folders, collaboration - without extraction
The Simba Box Connector enables streamlined analytics and reporting on Boxdata. Complying with both the ODBC 3.8 and JDBC 4.2data standards, the connector simplifies the process of connecting to data sources by enabling you to use the same connection across both types of applications. On Windows and macOS, the connector is supported by two additional applications:
- The Simba Gateway Settings application provides an intuitive user interface designed to simplify the process of configuring connectors and defining connections.
- The Connection Assistant application further simplifies the connection process by conveniently providing ODBC connection strings and JDBC connection URLs for all connections that were configured through Simba Gateway Settings.
Box stores data in structures which do not follow the rules of data typing and structure that apply to traditional relational tables and columns. Because traditional ODBC and JDBC toolsets might not support these data structures, the data needs to be mapped to a relational form. To achieve this, the Magnitude Simba Box Connector uses schema tables to map the Box data to formats that are compatible with ODBC and JDBC.
Features and Specifications
- Provides full driver and query metadata
- Adds aggregation and join capabilities for queries
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
- Uses OpenSSL 1.1.1.
- Supports 32-and 64-bit applications
- Supports OAuth2 authentication
- Supports TLS 1.1/1.2
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.