Microsoft Azure Billing ODBC & JDBC Driver
Easily report your cloud costs across business units, or projects through your business intelligence tool of choice with direct access to your Microsoft Azure billing data.
Cloud is complicated. Understanding your costs and usage – so that you can take action on that information - shouldn’t be. The Magnitude Simba Azure Billing connector eliminates the need for an additional solution layer by providing direct access between your billing data and your analytics tool of choice – without data extraction.
The Simba Gateway Azure Billing Driver enables streamlined analytics and reporting on Azure Billing data. Complying with both the ODBC 3.80 and JDBC 4.2 data standards, the adapter simplifies the process of connecting to data sources by enabling you to use the same connection across both types of applications. On Windows and macOS, the adapter is supported by two additional applications:
- The Simba Gateway Settings application provides an intuitive user interface designed to simplify the process of configuring adapters and defining connections.
- The Connection Assistant application further simplifies the connection process by conveniently providing ODBC connection strings and JDBC connection URLs for all connections that were configured through Simba Gateway Settings.
- Use of this specific data connector requires a Microsoft Azure account with a "Microsoft Customer Agreement" billing type. To determine the billing type in use, refer to the Cost Management and Billing tab in the Azure portal. For more information on the "Microsoft Customer Agreement" billing type, refer to Microsoft Customer Agreement | Microsoft Azure.
The connector returns Azure Billing data through specially generated schema tables, which map the data to a traditional relational format that is compatible with ODBC and JDBC applications. When you connect to Azure Billing using an ODBC application, the connector also provides stored procedures that enable you to easily manipulate the data without designing and executing complex query statements. For a complete reference guide to the database schema tables and stored procedures used by the connector see the Simba Gateway Azure Billing Connector Reference Guide.
Features & Specifications
- Supports 32- to 64-bit applications
- Supports IAM authentication
- Supports TLS 1.1/1.2
- Uses OpenSSL 1.1.1
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Provides full driver and query metadata
- Support for ODBC 3.8
- Support for JDBC 4.1
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.