Amazon Marketplace Web Service ODBC & JDBC Connectors
Standard SQL access directly to data, without extraction, via Amazon MWS’ native web services API
Magnitude Simba ODBC and JDBC connectors for Amazon Marketplace Web Service enable standard SQL access directly to data - no extraction required - via Amazon MWS’s native web services Application Programming Interface (API).
Deliver scalability, full application functionality, and real-time analytic capabilities to Amazon Marketplace Web Service users. Access Amazon Marketplace Web Service via SQL from Excel, Tableau, Power BI or your BI tool of choice for your expense reporting.
The Simba Gateway Amazon MWS Adapter enables streamlined analytics and reporting on Amazon MWS data. Complying with both the ODBC 3.80 and JDBC 4.2 data standards, the adapter simplifies the process of connecting to data sources by enabling you to use the same connection across both types of applications. On Windows and macOS, the adapter is supported by two additional applications:
- Simba Gateway Settings provide an intuitive user interface designed to simplify the process of configuring adapters and defining connections.
- Connection Assistant further simplifies the connection process by conveniently providing ODBC connection strings and JDBC connection URLs for all connections that were configured through Simba Gateway Settings. It also enables streamlined support for OAuth authentication processes.
The adapter returns Amazon MWS data through specially generated schema tables, which map the data to a traditional relational format that is compatible with ODBC and JDBC applications. When you connect to Amazon MWS using an ODBC application, the adapter also provides stored procedures that enable you to easily manipulate the data without designing and executing complex query statements.
- Direct BI connectivity to data without extraction
- Full compatibility with leading analytic/reporting apps, including Microsoft Excel & Access, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik and more
- Provides full connector and query metadata
- Adds aggregation and join capabilities for queries
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
- Support for ODBC 3.8
- Support for JDBC 4.2
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Supports OAuth2 authentication
- Supports TLS 1.1/1.2
- Uses OpenSSL 1.0.2
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
User Guides, Release Notes, and FAQs.